When you think of the most popular casino card games, some of the most common names that cross your mind are Blackjack, Baccarat, and Teen Patti. However, if you are looking to take a break from these commonly played games and try a new option, then Andar Bahar can be your best bet. It is a remarkably simple card game, becoming a popular option across online casinos. Want to know more about it? Let us get started with the introduction and later will get the insights of the game.
Table of Contents
Overview: Andar Bahar
Another name of Andar Bahar is ‘Katti’. It is one of the most popular Indian gambling card games, played against the dealers. It is widely available at online casinos in India, and across many countries. The literal translation of the game is – ‘In-Out’. However, the game is not all about In and Out; there is much more to it.
- Andar: The right-side of the dealer (which is the left side of the player sitting opposite to the dealer).
- Bahar: The left side of the dealer (which is the right side of the player sitting opposite to the dealer).
Andar Bahar is played with a single deck of cards and possesses 50% chances of winning since it involves 50% of luck and 50% game tactics. The dealer in the game places the bets on the outcomes.
Frequently Used Terms in The Game of Andar Bahar
Like any other game, Andar Bahar also involves a set of terms, used during the gameplay that you must remember while playing.
- Deal – distribution of cards to the players
- Draw – bringing a new card/cards to the game
- Face Value – A cards numeric value
- Face Card – cards with a character. (King, Queen, Jack)
- Chip – A coin represents money in the game. The game possesses 5 different types of chips, ranging in value from 1 to 500 units.
- Pot – A pile of chips/money accumulated by the winner
- Flush – A set of cards from the same suit.
- Pass – an announcement from a player for not making a bid.
How to Play Andar Bahar Online?
The gameplay of Andar Bahar online is quite similar to its traditional version. The players can place bets on any one of the two spots, either Andar or Bahar.
- The game starts with the dealer dealing a face-up card, which is placed in the middle of the table, right in front of the player. The first dealt card is called the ‘game card’ or sometimes it is also referred to as Joker of the game.
- The first bet in the game is placed by the player estimating on which side (Andar or Bahr side) of the game card the next card will be dealt.
- After the first bet by the player, the dealer deals a face-up card to both the sides (Andar & Bahar) of the first card. The first card is dealt with Bahar i.e., the right side of the player.
- Once each card is dealt on both sides of the game card, the player can decide whether to place his/her final bet or skip the chance. If the player chooses to go ahead with the final bet, he or she can place it either on the same side on the opposite side or same side of the previous bet.
- The dealer continues dealing the cards on both sides of the game card until a card of the same rank as the game card lands on either side. The player who has placed the bet on the right side will take home the winnings.
Winning Potential and Payouts in Andar Bahar
If the game card lands on the side where the first draw card has dealt, then the payout is 90%. However, if the game card falls on the other side, then the payout is 100%. The table below depicts the winning potential and payout of the game.
|Bet (INR)||Card Falling on the Same Side||Card Falling on the Opposite Side|
Tips and Tricks to Win Andar Bahar Online
Implementing some tips while playing Andar Bahar can help the player end the session in good terms, such as reducing the losses and even better some extra cash.
- Betting on Different Sides: It is generally recommended to place bets on the different sides of the game card, in this way, the player can minimize overall loss.
- Considerable Betting Amounts: Place the second bet, double the amount of the second bet. Using this trick, the player will be able to get the money back at least 2/3rd of what is invested, if the lower side of the table wins. However, if the higher side of the table wins, the player will get 4/3x of the investment.
Andar Bahar is a simple game, hence there is no scope for cheating, and RNG feature makes the game even fairer and foolproof.
Different Variants of Andar Bahar Online
Andar Bahar essentially has three different versions that can be enjoyed by players of different moods and preferences.
- Live Andar Bahar: The live version of the game is played with other players and human dealers.
- Online Andar Bahar: This is the simple version of the game, where only a single player is involved in the game.
- Speed Andar Bahar: This is a relatively faster version of the classic Andar Bahar.
The game is offered by various software providers in live and online versions. Some of the top options are:
- Super Spade games
Andar Bahar Online is one of the easy yet interesting online casino games, enjoyed by a large group of players at online casinos. The game involves a simple set of rules and can be won by applying a few tricks. The game is available at some of the top gambling destinations in India, including LeoVegas, and Jungle Raja. If you have not tried Andar Bahar online yet, you have all the reasons to try it now.