Guide To Online Baccarat Game, History, Rules, And More
Baccarat is a very simplistic game invented in the middle ages as an exciting and easy-to-play game. It is all about placing a bet on either a Player or a Banker and wait for your hand to be declared as the winner. This popular game was named from the Italian word “zero”. Pronounced as “bak–uh–rah”, baccarat is also referred to as Punto (player) Banco (bank). It is played from a “shoe” featuring 4-8 decks of playing cards.
History Of Baccarat
The baccarat game does not have an exact origin because its roots go back to the middle ages. Numerous variations have been developed with advanced features since the 19th century. According to various sources, this game is believed to be introduced in the late 15th century under the “Baccara” name (which means zero) by soldiers during the Franco-Italian War. In the current era, France and Italy both are considered as the game fathers. Initially, Italian gambler Felix Falguierein invented a game which is played with Tarot cards.
In about 1490 the game was brought to France where its name was changed to “Baccarat en Banque” and then “Chemin de Fer”. The game got the new name of Chemin de Fer (meaning the way of iron) because, in France, the cards were dealt from an iron box. After some time, Chemin de fer appeared in England, where it got the new title “European baccarat”. After that, many new versions of baccarat were developed.
Is Online Baccarat Game Legal In India?
Indian gambling laws have been in existence before the development of the internet. It is completely safe to play casino games online at overseas sites operating outside the Indian boundaries. Hence, you can legally play the baccarat game online by choosing the licensed and regulated internet-based casino. If you want more information, then stay tuned with the updated status of the online gambling rules in India.
Baccarat Game Rules
Just like other card games, baccarat is primarily a game of chance so nothing can guarantee that you’ll always win. To improve your chances to win, fully understand the game rules as described below –
- There are three betting options – the Player’s hand, the Banker’s hand or a Tie. You will win the game if a bet you have placed matches the result of a hand.
- The hand value that is close to a total of 9 will win the round.
- Two cards are dealt to the Player and the Banker to start the game. In some situations, either one or both will get a 3rd
- The banker or a player – who will take the 3rdcard is decided based on the game’s strict rules. A software automatically deal participating player a third card if required.
- Ace is counted as 1, face cards and tens are counted as zero, and other remaining cards are worth their actual face value.
- Only the final digit gets the attention if the card values are added up in a Baccarat hand. For example, 17 would be considered as 7.
As you can see the rules of Baccarat are relatively easy and straight to learn if you understand them with complete attention. Check whether the casino you have selected has live dealer Baccarat options as well for a realistic and more delighting experience.
Baccarat Terminologies Glossary
To play the Baccarat game successfully, you not just require the detailed knowledge of game rules, but you need to be well-versed with the basic terminologies used while playing the game. To help you play excitingly, we have composed a glossary of the most important terms that are commonly used within the game of baccarat played online and live.
|Commission||Chemin De Fer||Cut||Coup|
|Card Counting||Cheques||Croupier||Cut Card|
|Down Card||Discard Array||Dealer||Dragon Bonus|
|Deux Tableau||Flat Bet||Face Cards||Fading|
|House Edge||Hand||High-Roller||La Petite|
|Ladderman||La Grand Natural||Marker||Monkey|
|Railroad||Rapid Baccarat||Shills||Shuffle Up|
|Super Pan Nine||Tie Bet||Table Of Play||Tie|
If there is another baccarat term that is not mentioned in this table, but you discover while playing the game, then contact the customer support representatives of the casino you’re playing at.
Most Popular Baccarat Variants
Baccarat is such a casino game that has lots to offer players in terms of an exciting experience and amazing wins. There are large numbers of baccarat games you can play online and live as per your bankroll, game style, convenience, and desires. The following are the most popular variants of the baccarat games you may find at nearly every reputable online and live casinos –
- Punto Bunco
- Chemin de Fer
- Speed Baccarat
- Baccarat Controlled Squeeze
- Baccarat Banque
- Mini baccarat
- No Commission Baccarat
- Progressive Baccarat & Super Bacc
- Live Dragon Tiger
- Baccarat Squeeze
- EZ Baccarat
And the list goes on.
These games may vary based on the number of decks. For example, Chemin de Fer, the French version of the Baccarat game comprises 6 decks instead of 8 decks. Further, cards dealt to the players are faced down. Mini Baccarat is the smaller version of this popular card game that is played with only a few table minimums and maximums. Super 6 or Punto 2000 is another well-known version in which even money is given to players on winning the banker bets.
Online baccarat is the engaging and most rewarding card game as it has a very low house edge. It becomes the preferred choice of myriads of high rollers with about 98.94% RTP. Banker bets win 19 to 20, Player bets pay even money, while Tie bet wins around 9:1.
Besides these 3 betting options, there is one more baccarat bet option – Side bet. Some of these bets are listed below –
- Either Pair – 86.29%
- Banker Pair – 89.64%
- Player Pair – 89.64%
- Banker Bonus – 90.00%
- Perfect Pair – 91.95%
- Player Bonus – 94.35%
In comparison to the Player’s Hand, the Banker’s Hand gets more win as they have a low house edge. However, before placing any bet, check the list of all possible bets and their pay-outs.
Betting On The Banker’s Hand
This is the most beneficial baccarat bet type as it has comparatively less house edge – 1.01% than the player’s hand or a tie. You’re betting on the Banker’s hand if you are placing gaming chips in the ‘banker’ space. If the banker’s hand is higher than the player’s hand, you’ll win that round. Even though you will receive even money, you are charged a standard 5% commission fee on the winning amount.
Betting On The Player’s Hand
You will make a bet on the player’s hand if you place the gaming chips in the ‘Player’ area in front of you. It has a 1.29% house edge. If the player hand is greater than the dealer’s hand at the round’s end, then you will win the bet. The biggest advantage of placing this bet is that you would not be charged any commission even you will receive even money.
Betting On A Tie
Place your gaming chips in the ‘Tie’ area to make a bet on the tie hand. This is one of the worst bets in the baccarat game which players are generally recommended to ignore. The reason is that it has a much higher house edge of 15.75%. Bets placed on the player’s or the banker’s hand are returned in case of a tie, but you can keep them on the betting space to increase or decrease your bet in the next round.
Tips To Play Online Baccarat Game Successfully
Now, when you have learned everything about Baccarat online game, it’s time to play this game while considering the proven tips as given below –
- Learn the game rules and table layout.
- Don’t place bets on a tie as it has about 15% house edge.
- Check the odds of the baccarat game bets.
- Get a sign-up or welcome casino bonus offered by most of the online casinos to new players. Check the associated terms and conditions to withdraw the welcome bonuses and your winnings.
- Set your bankroll considering your budget and daily needs. Know your betting limits and place the wagers ensuring that the limit would not exceed the decided bankroll. Keep track of all your bets, wins, and losses to determine whether or not you are going in the right way.
- Bet on the banker’s hand because it has the lowest house edge or advantage.
- Forget card counting in online baccarat. The reason is that RNG or random number generator is highly sophisticated for patterns to select.
- Choose a baccarat game that uses only 6 decks instead of 8 decks as they require a much smaller commission.
- Online baccarat betting systems mainly depend on the exponential rise in betting to cover losses. Thus, it is recommended to do not rely completely on these systems even try to ignore them as much as possible.
- Quit the game when you are constantly winning because there is a possibility of losing the hard-earned money in the long term.
Once you have understood the basics of baccarat such as its common terminologies, how to play, etc, you can improve your chance to win the game. Hopefully, this guide helps you in understanding everything you must know to make this popular game even more enjoyable and rewarding.