Mega Moolah is a Microgaming video slot with a notable progressive jackpot feature released in 2006. Even though it’s an old slot game, after such a long time, it’s still capturing the hearts and minds of slot fans worldwide, including India.
In this extensive piece, we aim to review Mega Moolah India in great detail, discussing its various features, including:
- Game’s RTP and volatility
- The paytable and paylines
- The symbols
- Bonus features
- Free spins
- The progressive jackpot feature
- How to win in Mega Moolah
This is just the tip of the iceberg, so let’s jump right into the review to see what this game has to offer to you.
Mega Moolah Slot — Quick Information
|Reels and rows||5 x 3|
|Max win||75,000 coins; 225,000 coins from free spins; unlimited from progressive jackpot|
|Min/Max bet||0.25 – 6.25 coins|
|Release date||November 2006|
Mega Moolah Slot Review
Mega Moolah slot is a famous Microgaming slot that’s been on the scene for a decade and a half. It’s a simple 5-reel and 25-payline slot with a mesmerizing progressive jackpot feature and a bunch of bonus features, which is what made the game so attractive and famous across the globe.
The game uses the popular Africa safari theme and comes with interesting but slightly outdated graphics. It’s simple to play and works the same as all other slots, especially other Microgaming slots.
Mega Moolah RTP and Volatility
As many fans of real money casino games know, RTP, or the Return to Player percentage needs to be as close to 100% as possible for the slot game to be highly rewarding. Most good slots have RTPs of around 96%, which is the industry standard, but Mega Moolah has a very low RTP, sitting at only 88.12%.
Even though that’s very low, the game primarily relies on its jackpot features, which do not account for the low RTP. The RTP is significantly higher in the jackpot feature, which makes the game as exciting as it is.
Interestingly, the volatility of Mega Moolah is low, which means that the game is not risky at all. This rarely goes in line with jackpots, and most jackpot slot machines have very high volatility.
However, the volatility makes Mega Moolah reward players often but with lower amounts. This is one of the main reasons why players keep playing the game, even though getting the jackpot is not easy and relatively infrequent.
Mega Moolah Slot Paytable and Paylines
Mega Moolah slot features 25 fixed paylines, and you’re awarded when you connect three or more of the same symbols on any of them. For some symbols, it’s two or more.
The wins are multiplied by the bet line, except in the case of the Scatter.
Naturally, only the highest win per line is paid within a single spin, and paylines pay only left to right, except in the case of Scatters that pay from both sides.
To see how all of this works, here’s the game’s paytable when the bet size is 1:
|Symbol/s||Payout on two connected symbols||Payout on three connected symbols||Payout on four connected symbols||Payout on five connected symbols|
How to Play Mega Moolah
Playing Mega Moolah is easy, and the functions are fairly similar to how most other free play or real money slots work. All you need to do is spin the reels and hope to connect the same symbols to get a win. Naturally, you’ll always stand a chance to become a true Mega Moolah win by getting the jackpot or some other mega win in the game.
Whatever you want to achieve in this slot game, you must start in the same way. Once you activate the game, you need to set the stake first. You can do that by clicking the Coin button on the right, just beneath the large Spin button.
In the small window that opens, you’ll get to choose a specific bet size or drag the slider left to right to choose many different bet sizes, starting from 0.25 and reaching 6.25, which is the max bet. If you want the max bet, you can simply click the Max Bet button above.
Once you’ve chosen the bet size, there’s nothing more to do about the stake, as Mega Moolah has fixed 25 paylines, so you can’t influence the bet amount further.
Now you get to start spinning the reels hoping to become one of the many Mega Moolah winners out there.
You can use the big Spin button to spin the reels or the Autoplay function if you want the reels to spin on their own. The Autoplay function is activated with the small Plus button above the Spin button. Then you can choose between 10, 25, 50, and 100 auto spins, but there are no advanced functions like the ones found in most modern video slots.
Mega Moolah Symbols
Mega Moolah is one of the better slot machines for symbols as it has plenty of them, including low-paying, high-paying, and even special symbols.
The symbols you’ll mostly hate to see are the number and letter symbols, as all of them are low-paying. These include 10, J, Q, K, and A, with A being the highest-paying among them.
You’ll mostly want to land the animal symbols, as they are mid or high-paying. Here’s what they are, from the lowest-paying to the highest-paying ones:
Besides these ten, Mega Moolah rules also state that you can get two special symbols, a Scatter and a Wild:
- The Scatter comes in the form of a wise monkey and has the word scatter on the picture.
- The Wild symbol is in the shape of a proud lion and has the word wild written over the picture.
A few interesting rules surround these two symbols, and they are the ones that make Mega Moolah a fascinating game even after so many years on the scene.
- The Wild and the Scatter have their specific functions, but they also act as paying symbols. As you can see from the paytable, they are the highest-paying symbols of the game.
- 3, 4, or 5 Scatters activate the free spin mode.
- The Wild substitutes for all other symbols except the Scatter, and every win with a Wild in the combination is doubled.
- Scatter wins pay from left to right and right to left, unlike all other symbols in Mega Moolah.
Mega Moolah Tips and Tricks
We have a few tips and tricks that will help you play Mega Moolah better and possibly even increase your overall chances of winning.
However, it’s crucial to state that Mega Moolah is a slot game, meaning it’s a pure game of chance. In other words, there’s nothing you can do to ensure you win, and there are no skills you can acquire to help you become a surefire Mega Moolah winner.
Thankfully, there are still a few tips that can help you become a more competent player, so here they are:
- Before you begin playing, make sure you learn the basic features and gameplay elements of slot games.
- Learn how Mega Moolah works and how the gameplay elements and bonus features function. This review will help you, but you should also check the in-game paytable to learn more about the game.
- Bet higher amounts as often as you can. But don’t go over your budget, as you still have to bet only what you can afford to lose.
- Even though it’s best to bet higher, you still need to maintain a proper bankroll, so you never lose more than you’re willing to, no matter what happens in the game.
- Use bonuses Indian online casinos award to slot players to your advantage in Mega Moolah.
- If you’re chasing the jackpot, play the game around 11 weeks after the last jackpot. That’s roughly how often the massive progressive jackpot is won, at least in most cases.
Where to Play Mega Moolah — Best Mega Moolah Casinos
You can only play Mega Moolah in real money online casinos. The game is not offered for free, so the Mega Moolah free demo versions are unavailable. This is expected as the slot game is a progressive jackpot that relies on players’ funds to award jackpots. And since all stakes by all players are counted toward the progressive jackpot, it’s almost impossible to have a Mega Moolah slot free play mode where you’re not spending real money.
However, even though you can only play it in real money online casinos, that doesn’t mean finding a suitable casino to join will be hard.
Many players have joined Yukon Gold Casino for Mega Moolah, but you’ll be glad to know that many modern and high-quality Indian online casinos offer the game. In essence, as long as a casino offers Microgaming games, you’ll be able to find this massively popular jackpot game among them, as it’s still one of Microgaming’s most popular titles.
Allcasinos.in recommends several popular Indian casinos with Mega Moolah in their repertoire. Consider joining casinos like Casino Days, PureWin Casino, Parimatch Casino, and others. They all offer the original Mega Moolah, but often various other Mega Moolah games as well.
You might not get the Mega Moolah 150 free spins no deposit bonus that was popular in the past, but you’ll still get various rewarding welcome bonuses and other promotions that can be used for playing Mega Moolah. That’s because these online casinos have versatile offers that are highly beneficial to all slot players in India.
Mega Moolah Bonus Features
Mega Moolah is filled with bonus features. They make this game so compelling to thousands, if not millions of players.
The game has both a Wild and a Scatter symbol, as you’ve already seen, and they both have their own unique functions:
- Wild — Like all Wild symbols, the Wild Lion of Mega Moolah substitutes for all other symbols in the game, except the Scatter symbol. However, it also doubles your win when it’s a part of a winning combination, making it one of the most rewarding Wilds. It’s also a high-paying symbol.
- Scatter — The Mega Moolah Scatter is a high-paying symbol in the game, but it’s also one that activates the bonus round, i.e. the free spins.
Speaking of free spins, let’s see how this bonus round works, and then we’ll move to the popular jackpot features Mega Moolah is mainly known for in the online gambling community.
Mega Moolah Free Spins
Mega Moolah has a free spin bonus game activated whenever you land 3, 4, or 5 Scatters. The free round starts, and you’re awarded 15 free spins.
They’ll last until all are used up, but you can always get more during the bonus round, as Scatters can still land in this mode and award you additional spins.
The game works normally in the free spin round, but all winnings are tripled, so you effectively stand to win a lot in this mode.
Mega Moolah Jackpot Wheel
The Mega Moolah Jackpot Wheel is a special feature that leads toward one of the many jackpots the slot offers. This random feature can be triggered at any point, but it can also reward you more if you place higher bets within the main game.
It’s worth mentioning that the Jackpot Wheel cannot be activated during the free spin mode.
Mega Moolah Progressive Jackpot
Mega Moolah only awards players with progressive jackpots, so even though there are several you can win from the Jackpot Wheel mini-game, each one will be progressive. The amount you can win depends on the type of jackpot you win and how much money has accumulated in the jackpot fund.
In total, there are four progressive jackpots: Mega, Major, Minor, and Mini progressive jackpot.
The Mega Moolah Mega Jackpot is the biggest jackpot you can win in the game. It starts at a staggering 2,000,000 coins, so if you win it, that’s the minimum amount you’ll get. You’ll likely get much more, especially if you stake higher amounts.
The next-biggest jackpot is the Major Progressive Jackpot, which starts at 10,000 coins. The average amount is usually considerably higher, more than 30,000, but many players have won as much as 200,000.
The Minor Progressive Jackpot sits right below the Major Jackpot in terms of rewards, and its wins start from 100 coins. The average payout is not much higher, usually around 170. Still, the jackpot is awarded a lot more often, usually every two hours, so your chances of winning it are significant.
The Mini Jackpot is the smallest progressive jackpot in Mega Moolah, starting at only 10 coins. The winnings from it are often higher, but even if they aren’t, the good news is that this jackpot is incredibly common, so if you trigger the Jackpot Wheel, you’re highly likely to win it.
How to Win the Mega Moolah Jackpot
Mega Moolah has established itself as one of the most popular progressive jackpot slots in the online casino world. Millions of players from different countries worldwide participate in the Mega Moolah jackpot from various online casino platforms. But many players might still not be clear on how Mega Moolah is played, and more importantly, how they can win the huge jackpot prize.
So we’re here to clarify things for you, as we’ll fully explain how the game works, the gameplay, and the jackpot mechanism. By the time you’re done reading this post, you will be ready to jump into the Mega Moolah bandwagon and try your hand at this immensely popular progressive jackpot.
What Is Mega Moolah Jackpot?
Mega Moolah is a progressive slot released in 2006 by Microgaming, one of the most reputed casino gaming providers. It is often hailed as the biggest and most popular jackpot by players and casino operators alike. And the main reason for it is that this is a jackpot that pays huge if you’re lucky.
Just take a look at the past winners in 2020 itself, and you’ll see for yourself – CAD 16 million , NZD 13 million, and €14 million are the biggest wins bagged by lucky players in 2020! What this means?
The past winners won approximately 100,00,000,000 INR, and you can TOO.
By now, you too must be excited to give a shot at Mega Moolah, so let’s see how the game is played and how the biggest jackpot prize is won.
Mega Moolah Slot – How It’s Played
The Mega Moolah slot is much like any ordinary slot game at first glance.
There are 5 reels with 25 paylines, and you play it the same as other slot games – place your wager, spin the wheel, and wait to see if a winning combination lands. The slot has an African Savannah theme, with various animal symbols that will take you deep into the jungles of Africa right from your computer or mobile screen.
Talking about the symbols, the basic ones are 5 low paying symbols (Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and 10 just like in a deck of cards) and five medium paying animal symbols – a zebra, a giraffe, a buffalo, an elephant, and an antelope. Next, there’s the lion, which is a high paying wild symbol. It substitutes any symbol to form a winning combination and also doubles the winnings for that combination. Landing anywhere between 2 to 5 lion symbols will also give you winnings, with 5 lions awarding you 15,000 coins!
Lastly, there’s the scatter symbol – a purple monkey – and it has two unique features. Firstly, you get a multiplier prize for landing 2 to 5 monkeys on the reel. 2 monkey symbols will pay 2x your bet, 3 monkeys will pay 3x your bet, 4 and 5 monkeys will pay 20x and 100x your bet, respectively. The second feature of the scatter symbol is that landing 3 or more monkeys will also grant you 15 free spins. And if you get 3 or more monkeys again when playing the free spins, it will trigger another 15 free spins from the start!
The Mega Moolah Jackpot
So far, we have covered the details of the Mega Moolah slot game. Now we’ll take you to the jackpot part of Mega Moolah, which is quite simple once you know how it works. When you’re playing the regular slot in Mega Moolah, there’s a random chance to trigger the jackpot wheel. When we say random, we genuinely mean it, as there’s no saying when the jackpot wheel can pop up. Once the jackpot wheel appears, you just need to spin it and wait for your luck to favour you.
The jackpot wheel consists of 20 sections – 10 sections are coloured red, and these are the Mini Jackpot, 6 sections are the orange coloured Minor Jackpot, 3 sections are yellow-coloured Major Jackpot, and there is just one silver-coloured Mega Jackpot. The Mini jackpot pays the least, followed by the Minor jackpot, but there is a higher chance of the wheel landing on these sections.
The major jackpots pay big, but it’s quite rare to land the wheel on them since only 3 of them. And with just one section, the Mega Jackpot is the rarest but offers the biggest jackpot prize. As Mega Moolah is a progressive jackpot, every time someone plays this game from any online casino, a part of the player’s stake is added to the Mega jackpot prize pool.
So the prize for Mega Jackpot keeps on increasing as players around the world play the game. Keep in mind that this applies only to the Mega Jackpot, and the prize for the other three jackpots do not increase this way.
How to Win the Mega Moolah Jackpot?
So you know how the Mega Moolah slot is played and how the jackpot is triggered. But the biggest question is if you can use any strategies to increase your chances of winning the jackpot. When the jackpot wheel is triggered, there is nothing you can do except spin the wheel and hope for the best, so there are no strategies to help you in this regard. You have no control whatsoever over where the jackpot wheel lands.
But you can use a strategy to increase your chances of triggering the jackpot wheel in the first place. The more jackpot rounds you can activate, the more chances you get to win the maximum jackpot prize. We mentioned earlier that the chances of triggering the jackpot wheel are also random, but a simple logic can be used here – the more spins you play, the higher your chances of activating the jackpot. As such, your goal should be to play the maximum number of rounds you can spin with the budget you have in hand.
You can do so by wagering the minimum spin value, allowing you to play more spins with your funds. For example, let’s say you have ₹100 to play with. Then 1000 spins worth ₹€0.1 each will give you more chances to trigger the jackpot compared to playing 10 spins worth ₹10 each. After all, every time you spin the slot, there’s a chance that the jackpot wheel might get activated. Along with this simple but useful strategy, here are some more tips you can make use of:
- Try your best to play the game more often and regularly, but make sure you set a fixed budget for each session so that you don’t end up spending more than you can afford to lose.
- Keep an eye out the Mega jackpot wins because when someone wins the main jackpot prize, the jackpot goes ‘cold,’ meaning there’s less chance of another big win coming up immediately after. This isn’t a guaranteed fact, but based on past trends, it’s safe to assume that it’s extremely rare for two consecutive Mega Jackpot wins to drop in short succession.
Mega Moolah Mobile Version
Mega Moolah is like most other online slot games, meaning it uses HTML5 technology to run. This further means that the game works on any device, so you can run it through your desktop or mobile browser without a problem.
There’s no Mega Moolah app download, but the game works fine through any mobile browser you’re using, regardless of the type of phone you have. It can be any iOS or Android phone from the last decade. Since the game is a decade old, it doesn’t require much to run smoothly.
It’s worth mentioning that the game first didn’t work on phones, as it was released in 2006, way before the modern smartphone era. However, the mobile version of Mega Moolah was released in 2012, so every phone after that can run it easily.
How many Mega Moolah slots are there?
The Mega Moolah is not just a slot but a slot franchise. There are nine Mega Moolah games, one of which is the original Mega Moolah discussed in this review. The other eight titles are:
- Mega Moolah Juicy Joker
- Mega Moolah Fortunium Gold
- Mega Moolah Absoolotly Mad
- Mega Moolah Atlantean Treasure
- Mega Moolah Goddess
- Mega Moolah Jungle
- Mega Moolah Immortal Romance
- Mega Moolah The Witch’s Moon
Besides the franchise, there are a few Mega Moolah spinoff games as well, like the Mega Moolah Millionaire.
What are the best Mega Moolah slots to play?
Besides the original Mega Moolah slot, there are a couple of other offshoots of the original you should consider playing. The best ones include:
- Mega Vault Millionaire
- Mega Moolah Immortal Romance
- Mega Moolah Juicy Joker
- Mega Moolah Fortunium Gold
- Thunderstruck 2 Mega Moolah
Pros and Cons of Mega Moolah Slot
Mega Moolah may be a massively popular game, but it, too, has several advantages and disadvantages. Every gambler online needs to consider them before deciding to play the jackpot slot for real. Let’s take a closer look at both.
Pros of Mega Moolah Slot
Here’s a quick overview of the main pros of playing Mega Moolah:
- The game’s popularity never wanes — It’s hard to say that some other slot game has achieved the same level of long-term popularity as Mega Moolah, a game from 2006.
- One of the biggest progressive jackpots — Mega Moolah has consistently awarded some of the biggest progressive jackpots in the iGaming world. What’s more, the biggest progressive jackpot ever awarded was on a Mega Moolah game.
- Excellent free spin bonus game — The free spin mode is pretty much like all others, but the winnings you get from it are always tripled. Plus, the mode has 15 free spins, and you can always land additional spins.
- Exciting theme — The African safari theme behind Mega Moolah is exciting, and many copycat slots and games inspired by Mega Moolah are a clear testament to that.
- Low volatility — The volatility of Mega Moolah is low, which is rare for a jackpot game, but it’s also good as you’ll still get plenty of rewards. They’ll be mainly small, but they’ll keep the excitement going.
- Both Scatter and Wild are high-paying — Both of Mega Moolah’s special symbols don’t only have special features, but they are also high-paying symbols.
Cons of Mega Moolah Slot
Now, here’s the list of the most notable cons of the Mega Moolah slot game:
- The RTP is very low — Even though the game tends to reward players often, the RTP is still very low, sitting at 88.12%, significantly lower than the industry’s average of around 96%.
- Jackpot Wheel hard to trigger — The Jackpot Wheel is what awards you the progressive jackpots in Mega Moolah, but it gets triggered very rarely.
- No free play option — Mega Moolah is a progressive jackpot game, so there’s no way for it to have a free demo mode. Unfortunately, this is still a con, as there’s no way to try the game without real money.
- Bigger amounts are almost necessary to trigger the jackpot — This can lead to a lot of money spent, and you’ll run much faster through your bankroll if you’re not careful.
Precautions to Take When Playing Mega Moolah Slot
Before you start playing the Mega Moolah slot game, there are a few things you need to know about it. In other words, a few precautions to take:
- Make sure you have enough money for playing. Mega Moolah requires larger stakes to get better chances of landing the jackpot. Due to that, you have to prepare larger amounts than you usually have for slots, but don’t go overboard just for the sake of improving your chances for a jackpot.
- Have a good bankroll prepared. As with every slot game, you have to have a good bankroll prepared. Make sure it includes an amount you’re ready to lose so you don’t spend too much. Once you’ve spent your bankroll, don’t continue playing with other funds.
- Be prepared not to win the jackpot. The chances of winning one of the smaller jackpots are decent, but the larger jackpots are incredibly hard to get, so be ready for that. Don’t go chasing the jackpots, as that will only lead to you spending too much time and money.
Mega Moolah is an old but incredibly exciting slot game with fun bonus features and a massively rewarding progressive jackpot. It’s one of those games that can hardly ever get old, and you are bound to have fun with it if you are a fan of jackpot slots and Microgaming titles.
You can play it at various online casinos, including the ones we suggest. See our recommended casino list if you’re looking for a high-quality online casino that offers Mega Moolah.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mega Moolah is a video slot from Microgaming that was released in the early 2000s. It’s a highly popular African Safari-themed slot game with a ubiquitous progressive jackpot feature, responsible for making Mega Moolah the most popular jackpot slot on the planet.
You win by connecting enough of the same symbols on one or more of the 25 paylines, similar to how you win in most other slots. You can also win the various jackpots in the game, but all of that is entirely random and can happen at any point or not happen at all.
You can play Mega Moolah in any online casino in India that features the game. As long as the casino has Microgaming games, Mega Moolah is likely listed among them.
Many online casinos in India have Mega Moolah, as it’s one of the most popular slot games on the planet. As long as the casino has Microgaming titles, and most notable casinos do, you’ll very likely find Mega Moolah among them. This site recommends several of the best ones.
You can play the Mega Moolah slot machine like any other online slot machine. This essentially means that all you need to do is set the stake and spin the reels to play the game. Naturally, you can always activate a bonus game or a jackpot, but all that is automatic and random, so all you have to do is click the spin button or use the Autoplay feature and hope for the best.
The game is based on random number generators, making all results wholly random and fair. The same goes for the progressive jackpot feature, the money for which is always guaranteed by Microgaming. A fraction of every bet every Mega Moolah player places goes towards the progressive jackpots, so the amount in the jackpot depends on how much the game is played at any given moment.
Many players wonder if Mega Moolah is real or fake. We are here to tell you that not only is Mega Moolah a real slot, but it’s also quite good. The graphics and animations might be outdated, but the slot still forks out massive jackpots, and rewards players vehemently left and right.